Monday, October 8, 2012

The REAL Competition :">>

“Competitions has been shown to be useful up to a certain point and no further, but cooperation, which is the thing we must strive for today, begins where competition leaves off.”  - Franklin D. Roosevelt

 “Nobody’s going to win all the time. On the highway of life you can’t always be in the fast lane.” – Haruki Murakami

 “Competition brings out the best in products and the worst in people.” – David Sarnoff





 I opened our wifi modem, turned on the laptop, clicked the google chrome button, went to Sir Dustin's  blog dashboard, chose for my topic, started searching quotations about COMPETITION, collected ideas, made a draft and now typing my blog.  I chose the topic , how do I feel about competitions ? because there are many ideas that comes out through my mind.  And as I search on the quotations about the topic, there are three quotations that really captured my attention so I decided to include those on my blog.  I can say that these quotations can inspire or motivate an individual to make him or her prove that she is different from the others and just enjoy the competitions he or she is joining. 


Senior Slayer Basketball and Volleyball Girls Team
  
Math Jingle Competition
Junior Titans Basketball Team Girlls
Siyensayawan 2011

Federation of Student Government of Makati Jingle Competition

When I was in high school, I am a fan of joining group competitions. Competitions that made my confidence to grow, made me knew what I can really do, help me improved my talents and of course, taught me how to deal properly with other competitors. Competition is not competition without pressures, misunderstandings and wars. During competitions, I have felt all the emotions. The happiness every time we win, the loneliness every time we lose, the pressure in all of us and the fun when we bond with each other. I remember back then, every time that our Intramurals occurs, all of the students in our school are really busy doing there stuffs like practice for the cheer dance, training for basketball and volleyball and buying props and costumes for our batch. I even experienced having overnight the day before the competition and when the day came, we all danced with sleepy heads, without presence of mind that led to our defeat. I even felt the pain throughout my body that I can't moved because of the whole training for the ball games. I even paid a lot of money just to buy our costumes, jerseys, etc. And I've even sacrificed my studies just to put all my time just for the competition. I have experienced also the batch wars. Cramming is very popular that time. I have a prediction then " when we CRAM, we always WIN". But it is just a belief for us, we all know that we win because we have the passion to do what we are going to do, the presence of mind during the performance, heart for what we do, the mindset to our goal  and the cooperation and unity we possessed. 


   For me the award that anyone can receive rather than the real awards is the FRIENDSHIP made inside the circle of competition even though they are our competitors but outside that circle, we enjoy the company with them and we also have fun bonding with them. I always keep to my mind that every competition is like a FRIENDLY- COMPETITION. Win or Lose, it doesn't matter, matters most is the lesson you have learned from that wonderful experience. Always remember that competitions are not made to have wars. Make the fun out of it. 




Example video of one jingle competition I've joined : Math Jingle Finals



1 comment: