Tuesday, October 2, 2012

My Non- Living Thing BEST FRIEND :)

     We all know that desks are just material things that we can see in offices, establishments, and most specially schools. Desks are very helpful to mankind. But what is a desk and what is the importance of having this in our daily lives ? Basically, the definition of a desk is piece of furniture typically having a flat or sloping top for writing and often drawers or compartments. It's either made of a wood or a metal. Desks have different importances  It depends on where or when it is used but usually students are the ones who always use desks. According to the website ehow.com, this kind of furniture is important not only for the comfort and aesthetics of those who are using it but for the function it serves within the classroom environment. It helps people to write very well in terms of handwriting and of course to write with concentration. But there is a question that always flies to my mind every time I see desks in classroom,  WHAT IF DESKS CAN TALK TO US ?

     If desks could really talk, I could imagine one of  them as a teenage boy named DESKSter who always yells to young pretty girls every time they are hurt physically. Maybe he is already mad at me because I always put many things on top of him. He would have scolded me either like my mother if I am letting anyone sit on him even if he is not a chair. And if he could really really talk, probably he is my best friend now. WHY ? He is always there every time I feel sleepy, I'll just lay my head on him, take a nap and imagine that he is my pillow. Whenever I feel I'm crying, I'll just cry on him and he will catch those shed of tears running through my eyes. If I have problems, he might give me some pieces of advice. If I am bored, he will let me write stories, songs, etc. on him even if it is not the right thing to do. But I have stopped it since it is not the proper thing to do. When I was in high school, I always feel sorry for him whenever I see stupid writings written on him. If I am angry, he will allow me to punch him. If I am scared during the night, I will hide under him and protect me. And every time I am in my serious mood studying and doing my school works, he will not do things just to disturb me but instead will help me to improve my work with his fictitious ideas. If I'm having a hard time carrying heavy things, he will sacrifice himself and let me put those heavy things on him. If I am happy, he will be there for me and share a bunch of laughters. He is one the people behind my success of my tests and assignments. He is the type of best friend that I can really lean on. He is the best friend I've ever had in my entire life.

     I know he is our ideal best friend but we are living in a world of reality, my best friend, DESKSter is not a human, he is just a non living thing that will never talk, will never laugh and will never share feelings with me. The real lesson from this is, even though they are just material things, we must also consider how they are important to humans. Let us use these things in a proper way. Desks never left us behind. We must remember that in every success of ones' lives, desk is the place where we first collected ideas, took down the notes, made the draft of our story, and finalized our goals.

3 comments: