Friday, October 26, 2012

NEXT DOOR NEIGHBORS :)

     I know all of us have neighbors that do have different attitudes. There's the neighbor that you are really close with. When you have nothing to do, you will invite them to do some indoor or outdoor activities with them. The neighbor who is really killjoy that every time we do enjoy our parties, they will go out of their shelters and starts to shout to us saying " you guys are very noisy, can you please tone down the music or lower your voices". And in some instances, they will call some barangay officials for them to scold us and ask if we could just stop our party. That really sucks you know. But there are some who are just happy go lucky.  They are just going with the flow. And there are some that don't even care. They don't even know what is happening already to their neighbors.  Whether we like it or not, we have our neighbors, our companion in community events and stuff. 

     When I was still in first year high school, I was living together with my family, I can describe that our neighbors are very lively and  hyperactive. At that place, we do have our own business, not really the business that we can earn for a living, its the business that we don't want to be part of or distract others. I remember that whenever Christmas times come, we always have a big party in our streets. We are enjoying our company with each other. I have also a group there. And I really liked living there. But as a grow, gradually I am losing the interest going out of our house then bond with my friends. I started to focus first on my studies that I don't have anymore time to be with them. After arriving from school, I will just to my school stuff and rest after I have finished my works. Every time that we see each other, I am starting to feel the awkward feeling. We do talk but for important reasons and most of the time, just a couple of minutes. There comes also many issues about me not going out of our house. 

     But now, I am in my first year college, my parents and I decided that I will now live at my auntie's house this time because it is nearer at my school that I could just walk from the house to my school. I am now living in a place where the atmosphere is somehow quite different from the other. Our neighbors is not fan of going out of their house. I think that they are busy making money  They will just go out if they' re going to other places. They will not go out just to bond with their other neighbors. They do have parties but not that noisy and lively as ours. We do have a neighbor who are very killjoy that I want to kill them (but killing is immoral), whenever we have parties, there is always a barangay cab who are stopping by and telling that they are some who are complaining because we are very noisy but no one will stop. We know our limitations and we know also when to stop. I am now adapting a new culture from a new place. Lucky I am, because I did not experienced culture shock maybe because I always got to stay at my auntie's place every vacation. 

     I am happy that we have neighbors because if we don't have them, maybe there will be a disaster in our place. I think that we will have a boring atmosphere. Let just be glad that we ALL do have our own neighbors. We have the chance to interact with different people of different attitudes and characters. As a verse from the bible, LOVE YOUR NEIGHBORS AS YOU LOVE YOURSELF. 

No comments:

Post a Comment