Thursday, December 13, 2012

Essay # 10: Expect the Unexpected


                I lied just to do what I wanted to do and that was a foolish thing for me to do. I didn’t know that she would do that to me. That was one of my bad night ever! At first, I was just feeling at ease but at the end of my day, it turned to an atmosphere that I’ve never expected to have. Everything flashed back to my memory specially the painful ones.
                Last November 10, 2012, the sun was shining bright and leading the way. I woke up early because I scheduled my day to play badminton with my friends, Harrie, Isabela, Julie, Orange and Louise. I went to Walter Mart to meet up with my sisters Harie and Isabela. I went to to Jollibee, After we met up, we went already to PRC and there, orange was waiting for us. We went to the badminton court at PRC. After ten minutes of walking, we had arrived at…NOTHING! There was no badminton court there and it was late for us to know that it was already demolished. We decided to look for another court, We went to two courts near Walter Mart but still we are unlucky enough. Unfortunately, the first court was abandoned already and the second court held a competition that time and there was no vacant space. Finally, we ended up playing at a far court, Philippine Army Gym.
                But still, problems are always by my side. At the Army Gym, the chucks rubber shoes are not allowed inside but  I brought a chucks rubber shoes. I borrowed Isabela’s rubber shoes because she didn’t want to play anymore as well as Harrie. Another problem was still on the list, we must play in a team. Meaning, we must have 2 members to play against us. We had waited for many hours so we can play. Hours passed, finally we could play now. While I was playing, I felt like I didn’t want to rest anymore. I have waited for that time so that I could play badminton. Whenever I play badminton, it feels like I was loosing weight and my whole body is at work.
                After playing badminton, I felt tired but at the same time relaxed. I just couldn’t explain mmy feelings. Hari and isabela decided to go to my another friend’s house while me, I went to Julie’s house. We ate heavy lunch. The next thing we did was to watch movies and surfed the internet. I also took a bath at their house. We prepared ourselves for a mass. After preparing, we went already to Every Nation which is near Market Market to attend Touch Point, a service for college students and young adults. While we were inside the hall, it really felt like I am in heaven. My problems were released that time, I felt complete. I felt free worshiping God and the Holy Spirit was within me. The Word of God is very fruitful and really touched my heart. It really taught me a lesson.
                After the service, my friends decided just to walk going to our homes and exactly, that time I didn’t have money as a fare for my transportation. I didn’t know that it was getting late and my mother was calling me, I told her that I was already at Guadalupe but th =e truth was we were still eating at MCDO that time. Time passed and it was already 11 in the evening. I was scared to ride on the bus because I am a girl and I didn’t know what will happen to me. My friends already separated their ways. I got home at exactly 12: 18, as I walked to our house, my feet were moving slowly and I’m praying that she would not scold me. I had arrived at our house, my mother welcomed me with a slap on my face. I didn’t expect that she would do that to me. I ran to the CR and stayed there for 30 minutes. I cried and I cried and I cried. All my hard feelings gave me the reason to cry more. Everything was the reason for the tears on my eyes. 

1 comment: